How do I clean the upholstery on my Allison Boat?
A suggested cleaning kit should include:
- Ivory dishwashing liquid mixed with water
- Clean white towels
- Medium-soft brush
- Fantastik Spray Cleaner
- Denatured Alcohol
- 3M Citrus Cleaner
- Ammonia and hydrogen peroxide
ALWAYS CLEAN STAINS IMMEDIATELY!
- Basic stains/ grease/ pencil/ dirt — Ivory soap and water or Fantastik spray cleaner applied with a medium soft brush
- Tough stains/ adhesive/ teak oil/ rust — 3m Citrus cleaner, rinse with soap and water
- Ink — Denatured alcohol
- Mildew stains — to kill bacteria creating the mildew, vigorously brush the stained area with a 4-to-1 mixture of water and ammonia; rinse with water.
- Tough mildew stains — apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon ammonia with 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide, and 3/4 cup of distilled water; rinse with water.
DO NOT USE 409 CLEANER, ARMOR-ALL, OR ANYTHING WITH A SILICONE BASE!
Marine vinyls contain UV and mildew inhibitors which may be seriously damaged by the above products.